I travel the open road.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall brings change

How busy is too busy?

How many things can I  schedule into a week before they start to loosing meaning and significance? 

When do things I enjoy become dreaded obligations?

At what point am I stretched too thin?

When will I learn to say no?

Those thoughts keep coming to me, late at night when I should be sleeping.  I lay there in the dark thinking about the days ahead of me, all the activities I have committed too.  I think about what school work needs to get done, when I am going to fit in my physical therapy or my next work out, what type of cookie I need to bake for my next lifegroup or when I am going to volunteer at the nursing home. Sometimes when I wake up, I count the hours until I can hit the pillow again.  

Shouldn't I be fully committed to one or two activities instead of half there for all of them?

It's just a choice of what I see as important.  The catch is, all of them are good and beneficial.
How do you decide?  How do you cut something out of your life?  Will relationships be lost?  Is the extra few hours a week worth it?




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you say no?

i will teach you, my friend. i am a master at being unsympathetic, narrow-minded and selfish, and as a result, fantastic at saying NO!

i'll try not to impart those "anti-feeler" characteristics on you. after all, you're making me dinner right now, i can't be mean to you.

October 7, 2008 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

definitely understandable and deep thoughts.....sometimes its so important to take a true sabbath. chilling with the lord, not doing any hw, and relaxing. in order to recharge from a crazy week.

October 9, 2008 at 3:42 AM  
Blogger :B: said...

girl.. i know how ya feel!
its hard being so spread out...!

October 13, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home