I travel the open road.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

kamp

It is so hard to not compare kamp this summer to last summer.  I grew so much last summer and met so many amazing people.  Some did not return this summer due to various aspects of growing up (i.e. getting married, going to grad school, traveling Europe).  

I am feeling overwhelmed, not for the same reasons that I did last year but because I am feeling disconnected from the new staff.  Since I am always in the kitchen or redoing paperwork in the office I am often with the vet staff who I adore but I want to be intentional in getting to know new girls.

 Time feels like it completely stops here.  I have no idea what is going on outside of these gates.  That's one thing I love.  I am not distracted by the media or school, by technology (except the maybe one time a week I can check my e-mail).  I can just love on people and serve them in the name of the Lord.  Thanks Jesus for this unique opportunity in my life.

Mail is my lifesaver.
Sarah Yocum (or Yoc, most people know me here as that)
K-Kauai
833 Lakeshore Dr
Branson, Mo 65616

P.S. I am known as the girl who obsesses about the Royals and the Chiefs.  I wore my Tony jersey on a group thing in Branson (Kirby the Prince of Magic if you really want to know...) and all the other girls we wearing their cute outfits and I was in my Tony jersey.  It was great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Sarah Yocum. I love you. I wish I was on the Island with you. I will write you! Hang in there girl! I know you will find your niche with the new staff! I will be lifting you up ... and my even make it for a trip to the Island!

May 26, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home