I travel the open road.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

seasons of life

It is times likes these that I realize things will never be the same in my life.
I have grown so comfortable with my routines that it terrifies/excites me to be forced out of my comfort zone.
Day by day things seem the same but at the end of the year, I look back and things have changed so drastically that I hardly recognize my life and have no idea of what the next year is to come.

-Maybe it is seeing my big brother becoming a first-time father to a beautiful baby boy named Aiden Alexander.
-Or knowing that my time at K-State is drawing to a close and the unknown is so unpredictible but yet so exciting.
-Preparing to see Spain while my heart longs for orphans in Ethopia.
-Watching friends become husbands and wives or landing thier dream jobs or wandering around aimlessly with no direction whatsoever...(that was for you Tricia)

All of these events have snuck up on me. My brother still seems like a frat boy in college, my friends hardly seem old enough to have careers, let alone marry.
I hardly even realized that they were happening until they were over.

Wherever you are, be there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kayla Michelle said...

Like the ending, friend.

December 23, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home