I travel the open road.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Things that are easier with two hands.



Here's a list of things un-slinged people take for granted:

-typing (currently 'pecking' with my right hand)
-eating on the couch (note: measuring cups work well, the handle is easy to hold onto and limits food intake or maybe it doesn't)
-opening jars of peanut butter (warning: this may cause reason for emotion breakdown)
-dressing myself (includes buttoning pants)
-texting
-washing dishes
-sleeping (trust me, when you can't lay on your side or move due to a sling, its hard)
-erasing my mistakes on a statistics test 
-folding clothes/blankets
-icing cakes (I haven't actually tried to ice a cake but I can assume)
-washing hair and shaving
-tying shoes

5 more weeks of my one-armed lifestyle

Note the massive black contraption that is called the 'ultra slinger' that adorns the left side of my body, it comes with a velcro cell phone pouch and an exercise ball.




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate that when i only have one hand and can't ice cakes...wait...

November 24, 2008 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

you only have one arm!!! what????

November 25, 2008 at 5:31 AM  
Blogger Kayla Michelle said...

But just think, when you have two arms again everything will seem so much easier. You'll basically become a super woman.

November 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home