I travel the open road.

Monday, December 8, 2008

success stories



It's that dreaded time of the semester.  That time when you are so close to break but have papers, projects and finals blocking that light at the end of the tunnel.

I should be stressed.  This time last year I was on the verge of a breakdown.  Now, don't think that the reason I am not stressed is because I am so far ahead of the game, because that is not the case.  

Last week, the only school related things I did was attend class.  I didn't work on my Statistics homework or write my Women's Studies paper or work on my Early Childhood project.  

Instead, I was one of the hosts to a white trash Christmas Party, I watched movies that we started at midnight, I helped frost 150 sugar cookies for 3 hours.  I ran to McDonald's at 11pm with roommates.  I cooked multiple dinners (that we ate at the table, a rare occasion) and made homemade hot chocolate, I took naps and cleaned my room.  I ate cake in front of my roommate that was locked out, watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory which stuffing my face with sugar cookies and hot chocolate.

Now, I would dare to say I had a successful week.  Yes, I paid for it when I locked myself in my room all weekend to work on all the things that I put off.  It was totally worth it.

Everything will get done, eventually.

Until then, focus your concentration on the pictures above.  Vattier knows where it's at.





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i resent being linked by the words white and trash

it's simply not true.

December 8, 2008 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

white trash = knoth.blogspot.com

hilare.

December 9, 2008 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

i love your hair sarah......

December 9, 2008 at 3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home